Re: [ITP] libungif-4.1.0-2

Lapo Luchini wrote:

This is basically version #3 -- instead of simply copying the patch, you're recreating it: but you are guaranteed that the "new" patch will be identical to the old one, since "spkg" is called immediately after "prep".

Just had an idea: what about creating a new pass in the script called "automatic" that is intedned to contain all the "automatic task" to patch the source, followed by normal patching?
This pass would be void normally, but in the cases where it is needed it could contain the relibtoolizing and like things, this would be applied also to "pristine source" in mkpatch, so that the actual patch only contains the differences between the "automatically reapplicable patches" obtaining in most of the cases a patch that is much smaller.
(unless you change autotools version in between, of course -_-, but its not that smart to change a software in the middle of a packaging)

Yes, sometimes I do this; I have a "prep" and a "prep2" stage -- not a very creative or informative naming scheme, I'll admit.

Yes, I think -3 is ready to upload; there's no need to futz with it any more. Just let 'er rip.

--Chuck