Re: setup.exe and replacing of in-use files

Charles Wilson wrote:

Who is creating kde's setup.ini? Are they writing it by hand, or are they creating it from setup.hint files by using the 'upset' script?
If the former, then the human who wrote it is WRONG. the package name for the file 'kde-x-1.3.tar.bz2' is 'kde-x' -- so the @ line should be
There is also a kde-x-1.2 available.. I dunno if both can be useful at the same time... I am not KDE's cygwin's port author, just a simple user that got annoyed by that strange 'growing' behaviour to installed release numbers.
I thought ie were a setup.exe problem, but it wasn't... even if I would expect setup.exe to do a warning or ignore the version or the such instead of growing its version install by install... ^_^ that's why I'm investigating setup.exe's sources, to try to patch a better behaviour, even if setup.ini file has a wrong format.

From what I see on http://kde-cygwin.sourceforge.net/ I think Ralf Habacker is the most active person in that workgroup, or at least the one that does most news in the homepage.

BTW: I filed a bug on KDE-Cygwin's bugtracker in this regard: http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=578573&group_id=27249&atid=389712

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini