Re: Ghostscript packaging for X11, non-X11 versions

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 10:14:09AM -0400, Nicholas Wourms wrote:
> Dario Alcocer wrote:
>
> >Are there any guidelines or suggestions regarding packaging
> >source, patches and binaries for programs (like Ghostscript)
> >that can be built for either Cygwin or Cygwin/XFree86?
> >
> >Unless I hear a very compelling reason to do otherwise, I'm
> >planning on releasing three binary packages and a single
> >source package:

  --snip--

> What version of ghostscript?  Hopefully it will be the new 7.x series...

Yes, I started out rebuilding 6.52 for XFree86, but found the
pwrite name collision was breaking the build.  At that point,
I looked at building the latest, 7.05.  I've built both the native
and X11 versions, and they both seem to work fine.  Now, I'm just
working out the packaging details.

>  As for your packaging quandry, I'll let our in-house expert Chuck
> comment on "how it should be".

Sounds good.

--
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
alcocer@helixdigital.com -- http://www.helixdigital.com