Re: Binutils alignment and libjava

Billinghurst, David (CRTS) wrote:

Sorry for not commenting on this earlier, but I have been travelling
with work - building and commissioning plant rather than computing.
It is now possible to build libjava with 4 byte alignment on cygwin,
as hash synchronization has been disabled for cygwin (in libjava/configure.host).

I have tested this in both 3.1.1 (cygwin) and 3.2, but not for a couple of weeks.
David,

Is not having hash synchronization going to impair the ability to compile and run java apps on cygwin? Just wondering how big of a loss that is. Also, I was wondering if you noticed any bizarre behaviour with the install scripts for libjava? I was runing a make install about a week ago, and it wasn't recognizing the exe extention, which caused some problems with temp files.

Cheers,
Nicholas