Re: Re[2]: vmstat

> Hello Chris,
>
> Wednesday, July 03, 2002, 12:21:42 AM, you wrote:
>
> CJ> Will this package actually appear on the mirrors in future or are
there
> CJ> issues I am not aware of preventing this from happening?
>
> Have you tried running the procps tools on current stock dll
> (1.3.12-1) ? For me most of them seem to just hang - top, procps,
> uptime, vmstat, w... havent tried the others.
>
> Maybe this problem corelates with the fact that some of the /proc
> files no longer contain information - see below:
> Perhaps it has to do something with your last patch. I don't have time
> to look at this right now though. I can send strace if you want.
>
> The procps tools I'm using were downloaded from your site following
> their anouncement on cygwin-apps.
This is caused by the default alignment changing from 4 bytes to 8 bytes, as
far as i can tell. Basically the size of structure passed to the NT system
calls is not the size of structure the call expects, so it fails and the
program (top, uptime, etc.) gets stuck in a loop trying to read data.
I did add macros to ntdll.h to make sure the structures were aligned
correctly, but then Chris changed the alignment back so I removed them. I
shall let Chris comment on this.

Chris