Re: ImageMagick-5.4.5-1 package ready for review/testing [take a look Chuck]

Billinghurst, David (CRTS) wrote:

> The prefix was /usr/X11R6.  Fingers slipped in typing the mail.
>
> The files are no longer at the URL given.  I seem to have transgressed
> some rule and the account has been closed.  I will have to find an
> alternative.  (Suggestions welcome).

requires: cygwin XFree86-base XFree86-bin jbigkit jpeg libbz2_1 libpng12
libtiff libxml2 zlib

C:\cygwin\bin\cygbz2-1.dll
   libbz2_1  -- check

C:\cygwin\bin\cygjbig1.dll
   jbigkit  --check

C:\cygwin\bin\cygjpeg6b.dll
   jpeg  -- check

C:\cygwin\bin\cygpng12.dll
   libpng12  -- check

C:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll
   zlib  --check

C:\cygwin\bin\cygtiff3.dll
   tiff  -- NOT libtiff

I don't know about the X-dependencies, but of the others, it appears
that only the 'tiff'/'libtiff' dependency is wrong.

> I have not packaged:
>  - the optional C++ Magick++ libraries
>  - the optional Perl interface
>  - a static libMagick.a library

I think you should include the C++ and Perl interface libraries.

BTW, have you contacted Soren Andersen (perlspinr) about this?  He has
recently done a LOT of work trying to get ImageMagick to compile cleanly
on cygwin, and has put a webpage with his built tips up on the web
(search this mailing list's archives for the URL).

Also, your readme should probably credit him if it does not already do
so, given that he's pushed a lot of cygwin accomodations into the
official ImageMagick source -- although other changes he made have not
yet (ever?) been accepted...

I haven't checked the packages themselves, since your URL is now dead...

--Chuck