RE: rebasing new packages?!

IF there are warnings, they should be cleaned up. The Werror option
stays unless there is a compelling reason not to use it. At -O2 inlines
are only done on code within the class declaration and code marked as
inlinable, so this particular warning should be resolvable. Looking at
it, they are trying to inline a recursive function call.... I don't know
if that is or isn't an issue for newer gcc's, but it sure sounds like
our one doesn't like it.

There are 3 instances of that function call in the g++-3 directory, one
from within it, and two from the template right below it's definition.

Perhaps removing the explicit inline from the definition is appropriate?
(-O3 will automatically inline it, and probably get that warning again,
but casual users would be safe.

Or perhaps it's resolved in newer g++-3 versions, and we can update?

Rob