RE: ITP: netpbm

At 01:40 PM 4/27/2002, Robert Collins wrote:

> [...]

No, not in my book.

>Well my system32 directory here has 1971 files. Adding a coupla hundred
>optional files doesn't seem all that bad to me.
>
>And hey, if FAT is too slow, folk can always install the windows ext2
>driver.

Right, there are alternatives to this issue.  I believe performance is an
important concern but not to the exclusion of simple usability.  Some
people will complain if this package causes things to slow down for them.
But everyone will complain if they can't run the package after they install
it.  I think we should absolutely avoid the latter case.  The former
we can deal with as required.

Just my $.02.