Re: ITP: netpbm

Robert Collins wrote:

> [...]

It be the reason I would want the binaries in /bin.  I even remove the
/usr/bin from the PATH.  Watch how many extra calls to the path methods
are generated via an strace output.  You really want to avoid extra path
walks based on PATH.

> Well my system32 directory here has 1971 files. Adding a coupla hundred
> optional files doesn't seem all that bad to me.

Not in light of the path walk and path methods.

> And hey, if FAT is too slow, folk can always install the windows ext2
> driver.

Or upgrade to XP4HOME, NTFS is the file system.

Earnie.