RE: Re: Bug in setup.exe 2.194.2.24

redirected to a more appropriate mailing list.

Feel free to ask questions :}. I don't bite.... much.

> It appears that
> only the base directory tree and prefix directories for the
> currently selected mirror sites are checked.

Exactly.

> That means if a
> file was downloaded for a mirror that isn't selected in the
> current run, it won't get noticed in check_for_cached().

Yup.

> Perhaps a separate class should be defined for tracking files
> found and their possible package associations.  This could be
> used later for removing obsolete versions of package archive files.

Hmmm. Could you enlarge on this idea? One of long term goals is to only
download setup.ini if it's changed. This in turn allows us to leverage
more mirror sites more quickly, so there should be no reason to change
mirrors once one is happy with the selection. (Compare with apt-get).

So I'm not too concerned about what files are in non-selected mirror
dirs. Deleting obsolete files from the known mirror dirs... that is of
some interest. However my feeling is that the simplest approach is

rm (all files - known files).

Rob