Re: Now that the new setup is here...

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 10:01:30PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>
>>Okay -- I'll upload it once I get home.  (Especially as Chris is
>>advocating that the xfree folks use '_' in the names of their font
>>packages, as a NONseparator --- it's that '_' which causes the
>>incompatibility with the old setup.)
>>

> But that's fixed in setup now, right?  I fixed it in upset a while
> ago.

Yes.  All released versions of the "new" setup have had the fix.  The
only ones we need to worry about are old beta versions of the new setup
and the original GUI setup.

> Btw, I'm adding a new feature to upset:
>
> verpat:  (.*-\d+dpi)(.*)(\.tar.bz2)
> 	 ^^^^^^^^^^  ^^  ^^^^^^^^^
> 	     $1      $2      $3
>
> $1 = prefix
> $2 = version
> $3 = suffix
>
> That won't help setup.ini-less installs much but, er...

I don't grok regex's very well, but have we dropped support for tar.gz?
  Also, how many special cases are we going to have?  I understand
wanting to keep xfree-fonts-75dpi-VER-REL instead of

xfree-fonts_75dpi-VER-REL or
xfree-fonts-dpi75-VER-REL

but are we venturing down a path we don't really want to follow?

--Chuck