Re: release setup now?

Michael's script works for me.  One caveat:

I had to manually run 'clean_lst.pl ./a*.lst' 26 times (using different
starting letters).  However, that was because I got a BSOD when running
it fullbore -- where it tried to fixup all files.

Now, a perl script should never ever be able to cause a BSOD on W2K.
Neither should a user-mode program (like setup.exe)  However, on my
machines, both do on rare occasions.  The error is down deep in ntoskrnl
  and/or the ntfs file system driver -- I even did a full reinstall of
the OS, yet I still get the BSOD sometimes.  It's an MS bug, I am sure
-- and I've noticed that it only happens when there are a lot of files
being opened and closed rapidly. (For instance, when uninstalling lots
of files in an old package, and installing lots of files in the new
replacement package.  Or when opening each .lst and rewriting them
without \000 chars.)

So, I don't blame Michael's script for my BSOD.  I blame MS.  But, once
I limited the number of open/modified files per run (by running the
script by hand on each letter of the alphabet) Michael's script DID
successfully remove the \000 chars.

--Chuck