-----Original Message-----
From: Corinna Vinschen [mailto:vinschen@redhat.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2002 12:46 PM

On Tue, Jan 15, 2002 at 12:39:39PM -0500, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:
> ... However, curl
> outputs the openssl version as part of its --version output, and it
> still says openssl 0.9.6b! ...

Look into the source.  If there's a call to SSLeay() or
SSLeay_version() it takes the version it's running under.

grep for OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER.  If it's just used as
is in a printf() somewhere, curl reports the version
it's linked against.

The second is bad style.  It should print either the current
version using one of the above calls or it should report both
versions, the linked and the current one.

Anyway, it's good to hear that it still works.  You checked
an SSL connection?