RE: bash completion (was: RE: Units)

I found a problem with the bash_completion as stands...

I have a path ~/Applications/Apache Group/ with no other directory in
Applications starting with 'A'.  When I cd ~/Applications/A[tab] it doesn't
autocomplete.

When I look through the shell script I can see...

<snippit>
# Turn on extended globbing and programmable completion
shopt -s extglob progcomp

# A lot of the following one-liners were taken directly from the
# completion examples provided with the bash 2.04 source distribution

# Make directory commands see only directories
complete -d cd mkdir rmdir pushd
</snippit>

removing 'cd' from the complete -d doesn't fix this.  I'm CC'ing the
original author (Ian Caliban).  If cygwin folks want to take it and take a
look I still recommend doing so (all the other things I've tried work very
nicely), as for putting it in the distro I'd prefer to find out if this is
expected behaviour or not.

Sorry to have caused so much hassle just to retract it :(

J.

of this email.