Contribution Package Proposal: JASSPA's MicroEmacs

Hi,

    I would like to contribute JASSPA's MicroEmacs to the Cygwin
    package list, a Emacs Text Editor. This is currently being
    distributed from http://www.jasspa.com. We are in the process
    of putting together the next release and have now resolved
    most of the problems in porting to the Cygwin environment
    (site contents are not current).

    Because we are encumbered with a license that was inherited
    from the original uEmacs then I though I had better check
    whether our license violates your distribution mechanism. We
    are (unfortunately) not under GPL, but all of the source is
    freely available. The license we currently run with is
    attached below.

    So before I take this any further (i.e. put together a
    complete package) then I need some sort of approval that we
    have a potentially valid submission.

    Also attached is the setup.hint - as per Web instructions.

Thanks
Jon.

--- setup.hint ----

# Set up for JASSPA's MicroEmacs
@microemacs
sdesc: "JASSPA distribution of MicroEmacs text editor"
ldesc: "Small footprint EMACS text editor, based on Danial Lawrences'
uEmacs 3.8. Includes X-Windows and terminal support under
Cygwin, integrated speller, undo, macro language, color
syntax hilighting and comprehensive on-line help"
skip:
curr: 20020101
category: Editors
requires: cygwin

--- License Terms ---

COPYRIGHT MicroEmacs '02

    JASSPA Distribution - www.jasspa.com

    The following copyrights apply from the original source code
    of version 3.8. No explicit copyrights were found with the
    original distribution apart from the following found in the
    main source code,

        (C)opyright 1987 by Daniel M. Lawrence
        MicroEMACS can be copied and distributed freely for any
        non-commercial purposes. Commercial users may use
        MicroEMACS inhouse. Shareware distributors may
        redistribute MicroEMACS for media costs only. MicroEMACS
        can only be incorporated into commercial software or
        resold with the permission of the current author.

    The following notices apply after 1988.

        Copyright (C) 1988 - 2002, JASSPA MicroEmacs '00 can be
        copied and distributed freely for any non-commercial
        purposes. Commercial users may use MicroEmacs '00
        inhouse. Shareware distributors may redistribute
        MicroEmacs '00 for media costs only. MicroEmacs '99 can
        only be incorporated into commercial software or resold
        with the permission of the current author.

Spelling Dictionary Copyrights

    The spelling dictionaries are converted from ispell
    dictionaries, each spelling dictionary has it's own copyright
    which is reproduced within the appropriate language spelling
    macro file.

NO WARRANTY

    THIS PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY
    FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
    EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS
    AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT
    WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING,
    BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY
    AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO
    THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU.
    SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF
    ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.

    IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN
    WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY
    MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE
    LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL,
    INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR
    INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO
    LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES
    SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM
    TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR
    OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH
    DAMAGES.

    THIS NOTICE MUST BE CARRIED IN ALL COPIES OF THE DISTRIBUTION