Re: Restructuring gettext

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 12:55:53PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>However, this means that the new gettext dll is not backward compatible
>with packages linked against the old dll

The term "glutton for punishment" springs to mind.

>How should we handle this sort of thing in the future, when setup.hints
>of OTHER packages need to be updated, but the one forcing the change
>(me, in this case) is not the maintainer of those other packages?
>
>Oh yeah: link
>  http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/testing/gettext/

I think we should consider it the responsibility of the package maintainer
to maintain all occurrences of the name of his package.  So, it would
be within your right to change mutt to accomodate your changes -- as
long as you let the mutt maintainer know about this.

cgf