Re: RFP: joe-2.9.7

Hallo Charles,

Am 2001-12-03 um 18:38 schriebst du:

> Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

>> Hallo Cygwinners,
>>
>> I want to contribute joe to the netrelease of Cygwin.
>> I build it and have a copy uploaded to my site:
>> http://familiehaase.de/cywgin/joe/
>>
>> One question remains, joe is linked against libncurses.a,
>> which is the right package now to list in the 'requires:' section
>> of setup.hint?

> You linked *statically*?  If so, then you only need to "require:"
> terminfo (runtime). Buildtime dependencies are ncurses and terminfo.
> However, it hasn't yet been decided whether the "requires:" line should
> list runtime or buildtime dependencies.  I've been going with buildtime.

Ah, no, I defined no options, so it is linked dynamically, but that is bad,
There was in fact only this ldflag -lncurses which expands to libncurses.dll.a
I'll look if the binary stays small after linking it static.

> If you were to build dynamically, then you need to add 'libncurses6' to
> both runtime and buildtime dependency lists.

Thank you.

Ciao,

Gerrit P. Haase                            mailto:gp@familiehaase.de
--