Re: setup current problems

Robert Collins wrote:

> Yes, which is why I'm fixing setup, not hammering on your door about
> setup.ini :}.

Okay, well while you're mucking with the setup code, I've got a question
for you:

1) joe user has the autoconf package installed on his system.  in the
past, autoconf depended only on cygwin, perl, m4

2) now, the new version of autoconf depends on cygwin, perl, m4, AND
autoconf-devel + autoconf-stable.  (I KNOW that joe user doesn't have
autoconf-devel/stable installed because they are brand new packages)

Q: will setup automatically select autoconf-devel and autoconf-stable if
joe chooses to update his autoconf to the new version?  Why?  (merely
because -stable and -devel are NEW, or because of the new dependency
specified by setup.ini for autoconf itself?)

Q: what if the new dependency was on a package -- say, 'squid' -- that
has been around a long time, and joe has previously skipped (so now it's
"permanently" skipped).  Will setup present 'squid' as a new required
dependency and automatically select it if joe decides to update his
existing autoconf?

--Chuck

--Chuck