Re: -src package standard: proposal #5 and #5a

On Tue, Nov 20, 2001 at 01:18:35PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>> I still don't see a reason to invent a whole other classification
>> system.
>
>It's not a new system. It's _all_ coded and in cvs bar the selection
>screen, and a one line test in set_default.

Hmm.  I guess I missed the discussion on this.

The last I heard, as of last Friday when you sent email about "clickable
categories", we were going with clickable categories.

>> And, now that I think of it, you're actually anticipating that there
>> will be a case where we'll have two executables called "vim" in the
>> cygwin distribution?  I guess I'm having a hard time imaginging that.
>
>gvim/vim/nvi are all different. And some folk have a preference. Then
>you've got things like (say) fetchmail vs fetchmail+ssl. Or curl vs
>curl+ssl. Some packages conflict in names but could be installed
>alongside and resolved via symlinks. Others directly conflict with each
>other.

Thanks for playing along.  In other words, this problem has nothing to
do with what we're talking about.

We could have the problem of conflicting files no matter what we do.

You're arguing that we can't use the word "All" because someone will
be upset when gvim isn't installed.

Ok.  I'm arguing that you can't use the word "Workstation" because
someone will be upset when gvim isn't installed.

There's no difference.

cgf