Re: -src package standard: proposal #5 and #5a

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 02:18:27AM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>I'm tired of this.  I'm tired of spending so much useless time
>unproductively.  I'm tired of being at loggerheads here -- with the
>exception of an early contribution from Corinna (which I compromised away),
>and recent contributions from Gareth, this has been largely a two person
>conversation -- and I'm tired of THAT, too.  I had hoped we could reach
>some sort of sanity by Thanksgiving, and I had planned to spend some of my
>time next weekend developing new ports.

I have to say that I am also tired of this discussion.

I don't really understand why so much effort is being put into an activity
that will really only benefit, what, 1% (probably an exaggeration) of the
cygwin community.

I have no problem with Chuck packaging sources the way he wants to, Corinna
using her own method, and Robert using his.

The binary installation in setup.exe needs work.  It's going to start getting
a lot of gripes.  I'd like to suggest that the source discussion be tabled
indefinitely.

If someone (Robert, Chuck) wants to develop a set of standard tools for manipulating
their source environment then I suggest that they should be checked into the
cygwin-apps CVS repository and we can let evolution do its job.

cgf