Re: setup.exe suggestions

>> CGF> - Don't ask about the start menu or desktop options if they already
>> exist
>>
>> And regardless of whether they exist: don't ask again if I initially
>> chose NOT to add them (or, provide a option that essentially says "don't
>> add these options and don't ask me again). There may actually be some
>> people who don't want one or the other (desktops and start menus can get
>> quite cluttered...)

> I actually thought about this but I don't think that you can safely assume
> that the fact that answered "No" once means that you will answer "No" every
> time.  Maybe adding an additional button like "Don't ask this question >
again?"
> Would be ok but I hate to complicate the interface any further.

As a followup on this as well - why couldn't we simply use a check based on if
the root_dir existed at the beginning of the installation - if there was a
root_dir then the default for setting the icons is No (unchecked) since the
user would have been previously asked.  If there is no root_dir at the
beginning and we are doing an install then the defualt for the icons will be
Yes (checked).  Basing it on the root_dir for the default setting is probably
the better way since they may have moved the links - as I do or simply not want
to use them.

Bk