Re: RFC: Merge native-struct into gcc 3.1

 --- Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> wrote: > Did this ever go
anywhere, Danny?

No.  I've not received any feedback from Donn (except the usual "busy"
tone) or anyone else till now.  Specifically Donn was going to confirm or
deny the union-alignment issue.  My head is also emitting a lot of busy
tones lately too.

> Isn't 3.1 going to be frozen RSN?

There's always 3.2.  Seriously, I have given priority to the fastcall work.
Yesterday I  uploaded a beta of gcc-2.95.3 and binutils for mingw (to SF
file release page) with the fastcall support in. Here, with diffs and all
if your interested:

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435

I am waiting for some feedback on that (too).  Eric gives me another busy
tone, but I am bugging him relentlessly. I think the fastcall patches will
be easier since they are not so intrusive into generic code as the
native-struct business. (Donn's already had two goes at gcc-patches)

buzzz--buzzz--buzzz--
Danny

http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase
- Manage your files online.