Re: /setup.html please read - feedback desired

On Sat, 2001-11-03 at 03:54, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 10:24:36PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> >I've added in some guidelines on making packages and submitting them for
> >inclusion to http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html.
> >
> >Please read, and if I've got anything wrong, let me know! I've had to
> >make some of it up from unwritten rules, so there is a good chance I've
> >gotten bits wrong.
>
> Ah.  Should have read further.  This is what I wanted to see, actually.
>
> I think the name "setup.html" may be a little misleading, though.  Shouldn't
> it be "cygwin-apps.html" or something now?

Possibly. However everything is done via setup.exe.... I anticipate at
some point we will have too much info and need multiple pages. Until
then I propose following the least change principle.

> Nice stuff, by the way.  We've needed something like this for a long time.

*bow*.

> One thing, though.  I haven't been giving new accounts for new packages.
> I don't like the idea of a slowly increasing number of people with full
> access to sources.redhat.com, so I've just been doing the package updates
> myself.

Ok, for now I'll do that.

> What "would be nice" and what I've asked for before is some kine of nifty
> upload page that did this automatically and allowed you to specify a
> cygwin-announce message as well.  Or, a command-line utility for doing
> this.

Yeah, BUT :}. You still need the uploaders to have an account of some
sort, or at least be able to determine their identity.

Rob