Re: setup testers wanted

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> It does raise the whole X11 issue, though.  I'd like to include the
> X11 stuff in setup.exe, too.  Should we wait until we've ironed out
> all of the bugs here first and then ask them what they want or should
> we start making noises about this now in cygwin-xfree@cygwin.com?

I think we should wait.  Currently, the cygwin-xfree dist is
developer-friendly (e.g. download lots of tarballs, run a script and
answer lots of questions, and the script will install and configure
stuff "properly").  Translating that into a setup-compatible tarball
will take some work; IMO it'd be better to have a (mostly) stable
setup.exe *before* asking the cygwin-xfree folks to embark on that task.

--Chuck