Re: Autotools; new versions

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>I'm not going to lie to you -- it IS extra work.  However, I hope that
>>the extra work is *minimal* -- and to convince you that it is necessary.
>>
>>The "stable" branch:
>>   autoconf-2.13
>>   automake-1.4p5
>>I would assume that these will never need to be updated.  All current
>>development by the GNU guys is on the 2.52/1.5 branches.
>>
>>the "devel" branch:
>>   autoconf-2.52
>>   automake-1.5
>>These are the versions you are already maintaining, and keeping current.
>>  No *additional* work involved here.
>>

> Just building with another --prefix, right?

Correct.  (BTW, all four versions passed 'make check' with flying
colors).  My build script and a README are included in
automake-1.5-2-src.tar.bz2.

> BTW, I would prefer a common path for both packages inside of
> /usr to not mess up /usr unneccessarily:
>
> 	/usr/autotool/stable
> 	/usr/autotool/devel

That's easy enough to fix.  I'll try to get to fixing that, and the
other bug I mentioned, tonight.  Then I'll upload new packages to my
website.

>>and I'll be around.
>>

> That's most important ;-)

--Chuck