-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Wilson [mailto:cwilson@ece.gatech.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2001 1:23 PM

Versioning for DLLs is important.  Search the archives for more info;
these threads should get you started -- but be prepared for a lot of
reading...

The upshot of all this is that libraries should follow this naming
scheme:

static lib:  /usr/lib/libfoo.a
import lib:  /usr/lib/libfoo.dll.a
dynamic lib: /usr/bin/cygfoo<VER>.dll or /usr/bin/cygfoo-<VER>.dll