fresh perlbuild and cygwin-snapshot

Hi,

I installed a recent cygwin-snapshot the last weekend (2001-08-29)
Now I tried to build perl and it is totally different as before.

./Configure doesn't detect a lot of functions:
>From my logs:
< before
> after snapshotinstall:
========================
664,668c671,673
< fwalk() NOT found.
<
< access() found.
<
< <sys/file.h> defines the *_OK access constants.
---
> fwalk() found.
>
> access() NOT found.
672c677
< alarm() found.
---
> alarm() NOT found.
687,695c692,694
< getpgrp() found.
<
< Checking to see which flavor of getpgrp is in use...
< You have to use getpgrp() instead of getpgrp(pid).
<
< setpgrp() found.
<
< Checking to see which flavor of setpgrp is in use...
< You have to use setpgrp() instead of setpgrp(pid,pgrp).
---
> getpgrp() NOT found.
>
> setpgrp() NOT found.
710,712c709,711
< chown() found.
<
< chroot() found.
---
> chown() NOT found.
>
> chroot() NOT found.
721c720
< cuserid() found.
---
> cuserid() NOT found.
[...]

And so on, most things get NOT found, some are found, but that may be
because i want to build no with libdb, libiconv, libcygipc.

During make i get time() errors because time() isn't found:
[...]
perl.c: In function `perl_parse':
perl.c:883: warning: passing arg 1 of `time' from incompatible pointer type
[...]

Dunno what is going on here, what is the trick to install a snapshot?
Uninstall cygwin, w32api, mingw before installing the snaps?

Gerrit

--
=^..^=