Re: cygipc packaging was Updated setup.ini with descriptions, categories, and dependencies

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 07:15:26PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>So, while I think that adding cygipc as an "official" package will
>detract from other forward progress (the cygwin daemon, etc) and is a
>marginally bad thing, my self-interest in giving up maintainership of a
>package pushes me to be more positively inclined than I might otherwise be.

That's certainly a reasonable position and I have to confess the part of
the reason why I feel more positively inclined to include cygipc is
because I feel that it has been well maintained over the years.

I would have to be convinced that this will continue to be well maintained
before I would want to include this by default.

It is interesting that I just got back from a cookout and found that one
of the messages in the cygwin mailing list was from someone who couldn't
get cygipc working.  Maybe that's a sign...

cgf