RE: Taking over perl maintainance for cygwin?

> Eric Fifer schrieb am 2001-08-23 6:31:

Hi Eric,

welcome back.

>Unless there are any objections, I'd like to continue on as the Cygwin Perl
>maintainer.
>
>We are now mostly settled in San Francisco, so after a hiatus of having a
>new baby,
>new job and relocating around the world, I'm ready to go.
>
>I have Win2K loaded, a DSL connection and a couple free hours every evening
>after my daughter goes to sleep.
>
>I also have that work I was meaning to upload.  I'll work on getting a new
>release out ASAP.
>
>Any objections?

No Sir;)

You may have a look a my build from this week, there is a patch against
perl-5.6.1 included which applies all changes to the sources up to patchlevel
11599, plus some minor changes (as you did at the trial release).
Also there is a patch against libnet-1.0704 because of some test failures.
The TermReadKey patch is also included, so you will not have much work for this.

http://familiehaase.de/cywgin/perl/
                        ^^^^^ NO TYPO:)

I suggest you will include also the Bundle::CPAN module that was missing
from the Test-release.

I included the manpages in my build, because now we may use bzip2 for
compression, so the ball gets a little smaller.

I'm working now to include Bundle::LWP, too, plus some additional modules
like Time::HiRes which will be a core module in future (5.8) and some others
like:
    ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/modules/by-module/Alias/Alias-2.32.tar.gz
    ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/modules/by-module/Archive/Tar-0.07.tar.gz
    ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/modules/by-module/Compress/Compress-Bzip2-1.00.tar.gz
    ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/modules/by-module/Dir/Dir-Purge-1.0.tar.gz
    ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/modules/by-module/MD5/GAAS/Digest-1.00.tar.gz
    ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/modules/by-module/MD5/GAAS/Digest-SHA1-2.00.tar.gz
    ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/modules/by-module/MD5/GAAS/SHA-2.01.tar.gz
    ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/modules/by-module/MLDBM/MLDBM-2.00.tar.gz
    ftp.cpan.org/pub/CPAN/modules/by-module/Storable/Storable-1.0.12.tar.gz

I will work further on to build a nice perl-version for Cygwin with cygipc if
this works, with libdb, with libiconv and with some more modules.
Mainly i want to get out a perl with Tk;)

Please let us/me know, if you like to share ideas/patches.

Main Job at the moment, as Chuck has mentioned is to try to link against
automode.o to get rid of the CR/LF problem and to include all Cygwin-specific
patches which were made to bleadperl, but not to maint/perl.

So long,

Gerrit

--
gerrit.haase@convey.de