Re: ld --auto-import for cygwin and libtool

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 01:09:25PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>Earnie Boyd wrote:
>
>> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>
>>>It's possible that I might be convinced to include Paul's patches in the
>>>next binutils release if they are not incorporated into the official
>>>release.  However, I would rather use the official CVS release, if
>>>possible.
>>>

>> Don't be too hastily convinced.  I believe there to be problems of
>> exporting too much in lots of cases.
>

>Are we talking about Paul's --export-all-symbols/filtering changes, or
>his auto-imports changes (Currently, both changes are commingled in a
>single patch.  I think.)

Actually, I think that Paul submitted the --export-all-symbols patch to
binutils for approval, where it has languished for a while.

He specifically did not include the auto-import stuff.  I don't remember
if the auto-import patch also included export-all-symbols but I don't
believe that the  converse is true.

cgf