Re: contributing new software

Thanks for your reply Christopher,

My software is called "freescope" and is similar to the "cscope" program.
That is, it is a source code browser which allows developers to navigate
through their code easily by querying a database with queries such as:
"Find global definition", "Find functions calling this function", etc.

I started developping freescope before cscope was made open-source.
Although freescope has started as a clone of cscope, it has its own nice
features built-in.
Freescope can currently handle only C source files, but I intend to increase
in the near future to other programming languages, such as C++, Java and Python.

Freescope is not really yet a "popular" application due to its yound age (I
started the project about a year ago, approximately 1000 downloads), but
I believe that it would be a valuable package for the Cygwin distribution for
the following reasons:

- Unix programmers are many to wish having a tool similar to cscope on Windows
  platform. Using freescope is easy if the user is already familiar with cscope.
  freescope is already ported to Windows (since release 0.2.1)
- freescope can be integrated with the VIM text editor by taking advantage of
  cscope support built-in inside VIM.
- I will do my best to extend freescope's capabilities to many programming
  languages.
- freescope is open-source published under the GPL.
- freescope has been under permanent development for the last year. I intend
  to keep it so.

Current version is 0.2.1 and you can find more information on my web site:
http://freescope.sourceforge.net

Thanks a lot for your time and consideration,

Olivier.