RE: accept() failed message on kde 1.1.2 ??

Egor, I've been trying to grok the code. Can you tell me if I've got
this right?

on bind() you create a cookie and write it to the file. You also create
a event with a name related to the cookie.
on connect() you read the file and attempt to open the previously
created event. A failure to open is used to indicate failure.

I ask because I've been playing around with this on win2k sp1, ntsec on.
With XFree86 I get a "inode has changed" error on the /tmp/.X11-unix/foo
socket. Removing the .X11-unix directory fixes that. I suspect it's
related to problem Ralf is describing.

Anyway back to the AF_UNIX sockets - two questions:
1) what stops someone using the NT namespace to see the available events
with a name format like the secure socket event names?
2) Why not allow the accept() to happen at the win32 level, but read and
write the cookie between cygwin, before letting the user program know
that cygwin is involved? It seems to me that that would be a somewhat
easier solution.

Rob