Re: ask for delivering cygwin 1.1.8 with kde 1.1.2

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf.Habacker@saght.tessag.com>
To: "Cygwin" <cygwin@sources.redhat.com>
Cc: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2001 8:48 PM
Subject: AW: ask for delivering cygwin 1.1.8 with kde 1.1.2

> > Does using ld without the auto-image-base solve your issues with
cygwin
> > 1.3.2?
>
> I have a question relating to the relink/install ?
> Libtool is relinking the dll on (1)installing or on no installed apps
if
> (2)called.
> Is this not obsolate, as (1) the dll and the import lib are already
> available with after regular linking and for (2).
>
> I'm asking because every linking of the kdelibs (kdecore,kdeui,..)
needs
> about 10-15 minutes on a 750 MHz PIII with 195MB Real RAM. So if this
step
> could be removed, debugging would be able much faster.

It's relinking it with a different rpath - I think that is meaningless
on windows but it was the behaviour before I started hacking on libtool
for windows. The concept is to support running an application with the
built .libs not the installed ones, but still have the app run properly
when installed. Unless someone from libtool pipes up, I'll look into
this shortly. There is a configure option to tell libtool you will not
be running from the local directory: try configure --help

Rob

> Regards
>
> Ralf Habacker
> EMail: Ralf@habacker.de