Raw Socket support using Cygwin.

Hi,
I am developing a program which requires Raw Ip Sockets on Windows NT 4.0
I know that Winsock2 provided by Microsoft does not provide this support.
Also Cygwin library is built on top of Winsock, so it probably does not
provide this? However I see that Cygwin has tweaked certain parts to provide
more complete unix like functionality e.g. select() call.
Hence the question, does Cygwin support raw ip socket option? Looking at the
code I have (version 1.1.8) I don't think so? Has anyone tried to use this?
Has anyone contributed to cygwin for raw ip socket support? Is it possible
to incorporate this?
If yes can someone give me some pointers to start tweaking cygwin so as to
get raw Ip support from NT, maybe by directly accessing IP interface of NT.

Thanks,
Abhijeet.