Re: updated win32 macro

I still don't think all of this fuss is really worth it but I'm going to
add my 29 cents worth in this thread.

AISI, what is needed is only whether or not the the compiler supports a
-mwin32 switch.  Then the configure.in can use it.

Code for what's needed in a portable fashion and don't worry about the
what ifs.

Earnie.