Problem with libtermcap

Hi!

While porting vim-5.7 to cygwin I had the following problem with the
termcap-20000618-1.tar.gz package:

During configure vim could not find termcap support so i forced vim to
use it.

At linktime the linker produced the following error:

/usr/lib/libtermcap.a: could not read symbols: Archive has no index;
run ranlib
to add one
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

After running ranlib on libtermcap configure was able to find termcap
support and the error message went away.

It seems to me that the termcap-package needs to be replaced by a
fixed version.

Greetings,

Michael Ring