Re: RFD: Include an easy editor in the cygwin-standard-distribution

On Fri, Jun 02, 2000 at 11:32:22AM -0700, Earnie Boyd wrote:
>--- Chris Faylor <cgf@cygnus.com> wrote:
>-8<-
>> Maybe we need an easy to use editor for the non-UNIX people and a standard
>> vi and emacs offering for the people who are UNIX-aware.
>>

>I agree, and I agree that ee could fill that need.  Take a look at the ee.1.txt
>file at the given URL in this thread.
>
>> Or, maybe we need to incorporate one of the IDEs for the "Windows C compiler"
>> people...
>>

>The one that comes to mind is Dr. Bruce Wampler's VIDE.  It's GPL'ed I believe
>and he maintains it.

Cool.  Maybe we could modify setup so that it could provide suggestions based on
known packages like this.  There is no reason that it has to check the Sourceware
download area or any of its mirrors.  It could also retrieve packages from other
web sites.

Oops.  It looks like I now have to provide a patch to do this or be a hypocrite... :-)

cgf