This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Updated: ted-2.21-1: An easy rich text processor
- From: "Dr. Volker Zell" <dr dot volker dot zell at oracle dot com>
- To: cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 01:26:32 +0100
- Subject: Updated: ted-2.21-1: An easy rich text processor
- Reply-to: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
A new version of 'ted' has been uploaded to a server near you.
o Update to latest upstream version
o Build for cygwin 1.7.9 with gcc-4.5.3
Changes since version 2.20
(Ted 2.21 October 20, 2009)
* Many improvements in the rendering of embedded images.
* Removed functionality that is not directly related to word processing and document formatting. (Email, Fax)
* Added GUI functionality that I forgot while moving to GTK.
* Can now embed fonts from a true type collection in the printout
* Improvements to the rtf parser. (It is even faster than it was, and handles unknown tags better. IE: complains only once)
* Many-many annoying bugs fixed.
* Moved more ad-hoc dialogs to the format tool as a preparation for a better UI
(Ted 2.20 June 7, 2009)
* Versions 2.18 and 2.19 were private versions. They were never published.
* Vertical alignment of table cells.
* Multi column layout (of sections).
* Text background and text borders
* Many-many annoying bugs fixed. [Thanks Jonathan Drews for your thorough testing and the clear bug reports.]
[Thanks Julian Seward for making valgrind that helps so much while fixing bugs.]
* Table of Contents
* Unicode compliant (So most scripts and fonts are now supported)
* Use fontconfig: Removed restrictions on the collection of fonts that Ted can use; Use Freetype/Xft for anti aliassed text rendering
* Can now render nested tabes. (They are not yet supprted in the user interface)
CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:
If this does not work, then look at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the
email header of this message. Send email to the address specified
there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.