Get that Linux feeling - on Windows
The following sites have generously agreed to mirror our Cygwin
package repository. To save on download time, please select a mirror near you
to install or update Cygwin.
Note: We automatically poll these mirrors periodically to ensure that they have the latest Cygwin packages available. The list of mirrors below reflects all of the mirrors who appear to have up-to-date copies of the Cygwin package repository.
Mirror site list
- China: mirrors.neusoft.edu.cn (https), mirrors.ustc.edu.cn (https), mirrors.huaweicloud.com (https), mirrors.sjtug.sjtu.edu.cn (https)
- Hong Kong: mirror-hk.koddos.net (https, also rsync)
- Israel: mirror.isoc.org.il (https)
- Japan: ftp.iij.ad.jp (https, also ftp), ftp.jaist.ac.jp (https, also ftp), ftp.yz.yamagata-u.ac.jp (https, also ftp)
- Korea: ftp.kaist.ac.kr (https, also ftp), ftp.kr.freebsd.org (https, also ftp, rsync)
- Philippines: mirror.rise.ph (http, also ftp)
- Singapore: download.nus.edu.sg (https)
- Taiwan: ftp.ntu.edu.tw (http, also ftp), ftp.twaren.net (ftp)
- Austria: mirror.easyname.at (https, also ftp, rsync)
- Belarus: ftp.byfly.by (https, also ftp, rsync), mirror.datacenter.by (https, also ftp, rsync)
- Bulgaria: mirrors.netix.net (https, also ftp, rsync)
- Denmark: mirrors.dotsrc.org (https, also ftp), cygwin.mbwarez.dk (https)
- Finland: ftp.funet.fi (ftp)
- France: ftp.lip6.fr (https, also ftp, rsync), mirrors.filigrane-technologie.fr (https)
- Germany: ftp-stud.hs-esslingen.de (https, also ftp), ftp.fau.de (https, also ftp, rsync), ftp.inf.tu-dresden.de (https, also ftp, rsync), linux.rz.ruhr-uni-bochum.de (https, also ftp), mirror.checkdomain.de (https, also ftp), www.gutscheinrausch.de (https), mirror.clientvps.com (https), mirror.dogado.de (https)
- Greece: ftp.ntua.gr (ftp)
- Hungary: ftp.fsn.hu (https, also ftp)
- Italy: sourceware.mirror.garr.it (https)
- Netherlands: ftp.snt.utwente.nl (https, also ftp, rsync), mirror.koddos.net (https, also rsync)
- Norway: cygwin.cathedral-networks.org (https), cygwin.uib.no (https), cygwin.viem-it.no (https, also rsync), mirror.terrahost.no (https)
- Poland: sunsite.icm.edu.pl (ftp), polish-mirror.evolution-host.com (https)
- Portugal: ftp.eq.uc.pt (https, also ftp), ftp.rnl.tecnico.ulisboa.pt (https, also ftp)
- Sweden: ftp.acc.umu.se (https, also ftp, rsync)
- UK: www.mirrorservice.org (https, also ftp), cygwin.mirror.uk.sargasso.net (https)
- Latin America:
- Brazil: linorg.usp.br (https)
- United States:
- California: mirrors.sonic.net (https, also ftp), mirrors.kernel.org (https)
- Georgia: www.gtlib.gatech.edu (http)
- Idaho: mirrors.syringanetworks.net (http, also ftp, rsync)
- Illinois: mirror.steadfast.net (https, also rsync), mirror.team-cymru.com (http, also rsync)
- New Jersey: cygwin.mirror.constant.com (https)
- New York: mirror.clarkson.edu (https), mirrors.rit.edu (https)
- Oregon: cygwin.osuosl.org (https, also ftp, rsync)
- Pennsylvania: cygwin.mirrors.hoobly.com (https)
- Utah: mirrors.xmission.com (https, also ftp)
- Virginia: mirror.cs.vt.edu (http, also ftp)
Mirror Administrators: Read This!
When asking to be added, please provide contact information, the URL of the mirror, and the location of the mirror (in a similar format to that used for existing mirrors in the mirror site list). Make sure that your mirror rsyncs directly from cygwin.com at least twice a day.
Please do not send questions asking how to set up a mirror. We don't provide technical support for setting up mirrors. Sorry.
The mirror list is automatically maintained so that only active mirrors are listed. A mirror is temporarily removed from the list if it remains out of date for more than 24 hours. If your mirror was dropped from the list, do not panic. It means that a program has determined that the content on your mirror is not up-to-date. Ensure that your mirror is up-to-date. It will be added again automatically once it has has up-to-date content. There is no need to contact anyone about this.
Mirrors which remain out-of-date for more than 28 days are manually reviewed (sporadically), and disabled if the owner is unresponsive.